The following policy outlines how Massachusetts Women’s Forum collects and uses information about visitors to this website, and by using this website you acknowledge that you consent to these practices.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version will always be published on this page. The modified terms will become effective at the point that they are published here. We strongly recommend that you review this policy from time to time if you are a frequent user of this site.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us using the information at the end of this document.
What data we gather
We collect website usage data to better understand how visitors use our website. This may include information about the volume of usage, the types of information sought, and other particulars of how this website is used and accessed. We will use this information for managing the website, examining ways of improving the website or other similar objectives.
We may leverage Google Analytics, or other 3rd party tracking solutions to gather and analyze data related to how visitors find and access our site. This information is used only to manage and improve our site.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
If you choose to communicate with us through this website, we may collect personally identifiable information. This could include name, email address, physical address, phone number, etc. We may collect such information to help facilitate communications with you. We will use this information for our own internal records and to contact you in response to a specific inquiry.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact information at the end of this document
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also may allow site administrators to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyze our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions as described above.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognize when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
We will always hold your information securely.
We have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards to prevent unauthorized disclosure or access to any information collected through our website.
Links from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside of our domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection or privacy.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us as soon as possible.